Maeda is skilled in playing the piano, Tate (fighting battles on the movie set) and the English language (Ai studied abroad in Canada for a year in 2000). She starred in the 3-D Ghost horror film Shock Labyrinth 3D, which was directed by Takashi Shimizu.
She is a graduate of Aoyama Gakuin University (Faculty of Economics, International Politics and Communications).
In 2009, Maeda married Kabuki actor Nakamura Kankurō VI.
- 1993: Debuted in a McDonald's commercial together with her sister Aki. She was in her fourth year of primary school.
- 1994: Ai and Aki joined the manager firm "Crayon".
- 1994 April: Became a regular cast of the show Appare-Sanma Sensei.
- 1997: Changed manager to "Granpapa".
- 1997: Formed the group "Pretty Chat" with Maya Hamaoka, Yuuka Nomura and Ayako Omura, releasing a single album "Wake up girls".
- 2003: On her 20th birthday she voiced her first anime Kino no Tabi.