"Mayumi? Who..who could..."
(Shuya Nanahara after discovering Mayumi's corpse)
|Killed by:||Yoshio Akamatsu|
|Cause of Death:||Shot through side of face with arrow|
|Death Location and Time:||G-7 (Before 6 am, Day 1)|
|Chapter Death:||5: Other Side of the Door|
Friends and EnemiesEdit
It is unknown how close Mayumi was to her classmates as she wasn't shown being in any group. However, it was known that she was one good terms with Shuya Nanahara and Yukie Utsumi, as well as other girls in the class.
The only known person who disliked her was Toshinori Oda, although he didn't like anyone in his class so his exact reason for liking her, other than she tried to be better despite her status, was unknown.
In the ProgramEdit
After Yoshio Akamatsu decides to snipe at students from the roof of the school, Mayumi happens to be the next student out of the school. Yoshio shoots her through the side of the face, killing her instantly. Shuya Nanahara grieves her as he exits the building, and many of the others feel bad for her as well. 
- The Worst Game in History
- Best Friend
- Other Side of the Door (Corpse)
- Yoshio Akamatsu (Corpse)
- Trust (Corpse)
- Treasure (Flashback as corpse)
- Toshinori Oda (Flashback)
- Confession (Flashback as corpse)
- The Right Path (Thoughts)
- Determination (Thoughts)
- Deception (Corpse)
- Hope (Thoughts)
Notes & TriviaEdit
- Mayumi is the first to die during the actual program, thus she is the first to be murdered by a fellow student. She was the third student to be killed overall.
- Mayumi is the only student whose background,relations with her class or general personality was never revealed in the story. She doesn't even say anything in flashback scenes.
- Mayumi actually had more appearances as a corpse than she did alive, the only character to have this.
- Mayumi is one of the nine students who didn't get a nametag introduction. Yoshio Akamatsu, Izumi Kanai Hiroshi Kuronaga, Ryuhei Sasagawa, Tatsumichi Oki, Kyoichi Motobuchi, Hirono Shimizu, and Kayoko Kotohiki are the other students who didn't receive one.